a) Women’s empowerment.
b) Social mobilization
c) Bio Diversity
d) Strengthening the civil society organization
e) Establishing micro enterprise based on NTFPs.
f) Rights based activity
Activities: In order to achieve above objectives SS carry out following activities
- Taking care of the collection and processing of MFPs and Agricultural products.
- Raising public awareness through training, workshops and educational tours
- Promote plantation of the MFPs produce plants to get better income from the plants and cultivation, tree based wadi, of the various threaten spices
- To provide support to them to make bargaining power to get fare price of the products
- Encouraging the Tendupatta and other MFPs cooperatives and groups societies and capacity building of the staff of such peoples organizations
- Encouraging advocacy and centralized lobbies to manage problems and regularize the trade,
- Support to studies, researches and workshops to build a common understanding of the issue.
During the last ten years Samarthak Samiti works to formation of groups and the cooperatives for the collection and marketing of MFPs in Kotra, Jhadol, Salumber, Girwa, and Gogunda, Dungarpur, and Dhariyawad blocks. People motivated to organized themselves in-MFPs groups and collected MFPs like Sitaphal, Ratanjote, Aonla, Honey, Jamun, Puhar, and Mahuwa from forest and other near by area.
The other groups of the region did business of Mahuwa, Mango and Jamun and other MFPs were also benefited. The formation of such groups helped in maintaining the price of MFPs and building pressure on local traders and government machinery to hike the price every year. In Kumbhalgarh region, while giving rights of collection of MFPs the BDO announced minimum rates for some of the MFPs on insistence of these groups. Due to intensive lobbying efforts put in by Samarthak Samiti, one group of Kheraliya village of Kumbhalgarh block got the right to collect Ratanjote in one Panchayat by fighting the tender in the block with traders.
Another important work done by Samiti was getting the unit reservation right for the cooperative for Tendu leaf collection in forest area. During the last ten year the four cooperatives, Kotra, Aburoad, Jhalawar, Pratapgarh, and Jhadol took contracts in Tendu leaf units and work successfully in Tendupatta business and earn the good amount of the profit from the business.
- Lobbying and advocacy for policy change
- Social mobilization and empowerment of women’s specially tribal
- Unit reservation for Tendupatta cooperatives from forest department
- Increasing collection rate of Various MFPs.
- Work for use of the PESA in proper way to get rights over MFPs in area
- To better implement of the Forest right act in area
- Resource Mobilization for cooperatives and groups
- Support in Marketing linkage of MFPs and agriculture
- Documentation of the experiences on the issue
- Training and Exposure visit
- Formation of the women’s MFPs groups
- Formation of the cooperatives
- Networking with like minded and with organizations working on the issue and the
- Skill based training to improve harvesting system to conserve the environment